- What is Vintage Vinyl® made of?Vintage Vinyl© floorcloths are made with two-ply vinyl that has a latex padded backing. It is about 1/16” thick and can fit under most doorways. The material is lay flat and has a certified non-slip surface. It is non-flammable, phthalate-free, and UV-resistant for up to three years.
- BLACK ANTIQUE WHITE BLUE & WHITE
- BLACK & WHITE ARTISANRY
- Can Vintage Vinyl® be used outside?
- Vintage Vinyl® floorcloths are indoor/controlled outdoor. While they are fade-resistant in direct sunlight and durable against the elements, it is important to follow these instructions: If your floorcloth gets wet or is left in the rain, dry the top side and flip it over to allow the underside to dry. This prevents mold and warping. Always make sure that Vintage Vinyl® is secured in place, as high winds may cause damage. Covered patios or screened-in porches are preferable in outdoor settings to ensure that your floorcloth lasts a long time.
- Do carpet pads need to be used with Vintage Vinyl®?
- Carpet pads are not necessary for Vintage Vinyl®, and we do not suggest using them. Vintage Vinyl® will lay flat and stay in place once unrolled on the floor.
- Can Vintage Vinyl® be used on hardwood or tile floors?
- Yes, Vintage Vinyl® is ideal for most flat surfaces. It will not damage or discolor hardwood floors. When used on tile with wide grout, please be aware that furniture legs or high heel shoes may puncture the floorcloth. Use caution! We do not recommend use on carpet, gravel, or any other uneven surface.
- Can Vintage Vinyl® puncture or tear?
- While Vintage Vinyl® is durable, it is not indestructible. Do not drag heavy furniture across it and be careful of stiletto heels or other sharp objects. Always use felt pads under table and chair legs.
- How should Vintage Vinyl® be cleaned?
- Do not use floor cleaning chemicals, scrub brushes, or vacuums on Vintage Vinyl®! First, try a damp cloth with water. For stubborn jobs try diluted hand soap on a cloth or soft sponge.
- Can Vintage Vinyl® be adhered to floors, walls, or ceilings?
- Our floorcloths are marketed as accent rugs, however, Vintage Vinyl® can be used in permanent applications as well. For instructions on how to permanently adhere Vintage Vinyl®, please email email@example.com.
Vintage Vinyl Care Sheet
Vintage Vinyl® is simple to clean. Dust mop the floor to ensure all loose dirt and/or grit is removed. Wipe down with a damp cloth. For stubborn jobs try diluted hand soap and rinse throughly after washing. Do not use dish soap, harsh chemicals or abrasives, which will wear off the finish and colors of the vinyl. Do not use scrub brushes, or vacuums on Vintage Vinyl® Floorcloths as this will damage the floorcloth.The pattern and color of our floorcloths can considerably effect the appearance of a space. Our patterned floorcloths will help conceal dust and dirt.Spicher and Company has a distinctive look and feel. Our products are not intended to look new and in fact should more closely resemble a vintage product or found item. All Vintage Vinyl® Floorcloths are intentionally distressed. Due to the manufacturing process please expect some variation in colors. Photos can be seen on our website at www.spicherandco.com.Vintage Vinyl® is durable in high traffic areas, but it is not indestructible. Use reasonable caution and care on this product. Do not drag metal or furniture across the surface. Always use caution when wearing high heels. All furniture legs require felt pads with 7/32" thickness. Clean up all spills as soon as they occur. This will prevent staining.For outdoor use, when installing be sure to anchor your Vintage Vinyl® securely to prevent wind damage. Please note, we only cover manufacturing defects.If you are installing over stained concrete or treated surfaces, make sure the surface is properly cured before installation, as residual solvents, such as acetone or chemicals might damage the non slip surface.When your Vintage Vinyl® gets wet due to rain be sure to periodically flip over to dry and prevent mildew. Please note, we do not recommend Vintage Vinyl® for poolside use.
For more information, or to place an order, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org